Due to the current economic situation for the past 3 years Russia has become extremely beneficial place to stay. As of 2017 the famous The Economist’s Big Mac Rating has put Russia on 44th position out 48 countries in terms of Big Mac pricing ($2,15). Food, hotels and services are really cheap in Russia now. That includes the filming services, to
Russia is one the cheapest countries to shoot. Even without incentives that were introduced in several regions in 2017 the rates for the film professional services very often are 3 times lower than in Europe.
Choosing Russia as your destination for filming you can be sure that you will be able to effort more than anywhere else sticking to the same budget.
Here are few examples to get a basic idea on the average prices
- Specialist / item (A class) Average rate
- Production designer (per month) $3,500
- First AD (per month) $4,500
- Casting Director (per month) $3,500
- SFX Technician (per shift) $100
- Gaffer (per shift) $150
- Camera ARRI Alexa XT rental (set) per shift $350
- Extras (per shift) $20
- Meals 3-4 times per person p/day $25